PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
ISSUED BY STARTEAM (“STARTEAM”, or “we” or “us”).
1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
These terms Gamesly to the use of games and other products developed by STARTEAM.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use information we collect about you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
The Online Services may contain hyperlinks to services owned and operated by third parties. These third party services may have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies and other tracking technologies whilst using these services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data.
- a) Information provided by you when using the Games
We will collect the following information from you when you play our Games:
- your mobile device’s unique device ID (Device ID) and device name;
- your user preferences;
- Core information related to your gameplay, such as your overall progression to a particular level or stage, your virtual currency stores or the completion of certain activities during your gameplay (for example, completing a tutorial, passing a level, making a purchase or viewing a video ad).
- b)Information used for the purposes of serving advertisements
Through our third party advertising network partners, we may gather information about your devices when you install or play our Games, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. This may include:
- the make, model and operating system of your device;
- properties of your device, such as screen size and orientation, audio volume and battery;
- the mobile network operator linked to your device;
- the Games played;
- the country, time zone and locale settings on your device (i.e. country and preferred language);
- network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- MAC address;
- internet browser used to access the Games; and
- the advertiser ID, which is an identifier unique to you if you use an Gamesle or Android device, but which doesn’t reveal your name.
- c)Information collected for the purposes of providing analytics
We may collect technical information about your use of the Online Services through the use of tracking technologies and analytics.
Personal data we may collect includes the following:
- your Device ID;
- your user ID (which is generated by us and allocated to you when you first play our games);
- your device operating system & version;
- your device make and model;
- game play attempts, progression and results;
- session game time start, end and duration;
- purchase transaction types and spend you have made using virtual items in the Games;
- the country of your Device;
- the time, date and install source of your first download (e.g. from a clicked advertisement);
- advertisements viewed and clicked; and
- identification of crashes and defects.
We use a third party analytics provider called Adjust when conducting our analysis on our marketing campaigns.
Adjust may collect analytics and some advertising data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, and its Gameslicable privacy notice.
- d)Information about you collected from third parties
(“Third Party Login Information”)
- Facebook :
When you access the Games via a third party social media provider such as Facebook, we may collect and store personal and non-personal information which is available on that third party social media provider, such as your Facebook name, your profile picture or its URL, your Facebook ID and other public data of your friends, provided that you have expressly agreed to the use of Facebook within the Games. We will also receive technical data in order to ensure the Games connect to the correct Facebook account.
- Google Play:
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. The information that we request will be retained on your device and is not collected by us in any way.
The Games does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
- f)Content created by our users which we host and display on the Fanpage Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RiseOfTanks/
and in the Support Centre
When users submit their own User Content to the Fanpage Facebook (Rise Of Tanks ) or Support Centre, this content may contain personal and non-personal information. This could include information in or about the User Content, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created, or anything else a user decides to communicate using these parts of our Online Services.
- WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- a) To provide our Online Services to you
- b) To help us improve the Online Services and fix any problems
We may process information about you (including Basic Information, User Content and Analytics) so that we can analyse and improve our Online Services.
This processing is also necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of (i) ensuring that our Online Services function properly so that you and other users have the best experience when playing any of our Game(s) and using the other Online Services; (ii) improving the quality of our Online Services, and providing a better experience to our users; (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs in the Online Services; and iv) understanding the effectiveness of our marketing to attract new users and re-engage our current users at an aggregated level.
- c) To respond to your enquiries and requests for support
We may process Contact Information so that we are able to properly respond to your enquiries and support requests either via the Support Centre firstname.lastname@example.org or Page Facebook ( Rise Of Tanks )
- d) To acquire new users and engage current users
We may process information (including some Advertising Data and Analytics) to encourage engagement from our less active users and to notify them with new virtual items or other promotions on offer.
We may process this information to pursue our legitimate interests of acquiring new users for our Games.
We use various forms of marketing to acquire new users. The information we collect about you may be used to improve the relevancy of our marketing, including the creation of ‘lookalike’ audiences. This allows us to offer more relevant marketing to potential new service users without using information that personally identifies you.
- e) To improve the monetisation of the Games via in-Games purchases
We may process information (including Basic Information, User Content, Advertising Data and Analytics) to understand how users use our Games, and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity, as well as understanding how users progress, and their current status within a Game. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of improving the Games and increasing the amount of revenue generated via in-Games purchases. This may include the implementation of dynamic pricing models, so that in-Games purchases are priced according to relevant factors, such as geography and gameplay progression so that we can offer temporary promotional discounts.
We will not pass your information to third parties for the purposes of dynamic pricing unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
- f) For advertising purposes
We may process Advertising Data to show you advertisements for third party services; including advertising that may reward you with benefits during your use of the Games.
The information we collect about you may be used to understand how advertisements placed in our Games have performed or how many people have viewed certain advertisements. We aggregate this information so that it does not personally identify you or permit you to be treated individually.
We may also use this information to reward users with benefits that can be used for further enjoyment of the Games from the viewing of certain advertising placed in our Games.
We will not pass or process your information for the purposes of marketing by third parties unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
We may use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements in our Games. We do this to provide you with more relevant advertising content. We work with the following third party advertising networks :
- Chartboost – https://answers.chartboost.com/en-us/articles/115001489623
- Adcolony – https://www.adcolony.com/privacy-policy/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Unity – https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Admob – https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
If you would like to find out more about the way these third parties collect and process your information please refer to their respective privacy policies and/or terms and conditions by clicking on the links provided above.
- g)To prevent fraud and illegal activity
We process personal data for our legitimate interests of ensuring that any use of the Online Services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, to enforce our legal rights and also in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You may not copy, download, or embed any User Content without the express written permission of the content owner. You may not use any User Content for any commercial purposes, or any public performances.
We work with Gamesle and Google to assist us with fraud prevention and the detection of any illegal activity (e.g. to verify in-Games purchases made through iTunes and Google Play).
4. DATA SHARING
Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Enforcement: We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to enforce or Gamesly the terms of agreements, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of STARTEAM, our customers, or others.
Digital Content Stores: Where the Games are downloaded through Google Play, iTunes and/or Amazon Gamestore, we may disclose your personal information to Google, Gamesle and/or Amazon respectively for the purposes of facilitating any in-Game payments made through these platforms.
- AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We process your personal information via automated decision making methods in order to identify users who are suspected of cheating in the Games. Our automated decision making methods are designed to detect cheating by looking out for (i) excessive currency stores against actual completed gameplay; and (ii) excessive content against actual purchases made and completed gameplay.
If users are determined to be or suspected of cheating the following actions may be taken and which will be unknown to the user:
- an increase in the number of advertisements displayed within the Games; and
- an increase in the frequency of suspected cheats playing against other suspected cheats.
We may block users from the Games and/or the Online Services who are determined to be cheating following an automated decision process. In this scenario the user will be notified of the outcome and will have the right to obtain human intervention to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision to block access to the Games and/or the Online Services.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, our databases are password protected and limited to essential employees only (such as STARTEAM management or employees whose main role requires system access).
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to STARTEAM at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within three business days.
© 2019 STARTEAM . All trademarks are the property of the relevant owners. All rights reserved.